Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Craigslist deals

615K views 3K replies 362 participants last post by  JoeIsuzu 
#1 ·
Ive seen this on another forum Im on and its got over 300 pages of deals on it so I think it would be cool to do here. Keep alot of the post down for other people to see whats for sale out there. Post them up hear. Sound like I good idea?

#2,527 ·
Tentin said:
https://www.zero260.com/auctions/29-1975-isuzu-117-

A link to this auction has been posted on my local CL for the past week. Super cool and in damn near perfect condition. Wonder how much it will end up selling for
A showpiece. Gorgeous dark green, it's gonna go for a good amount, I'd bet.

#2,529 ·
Entodas said:
New member here, thinking of picking this up today. Seattle. Needs a little tlc.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/ ... 70657.html
Looks like the seller took care of a ton. I watched some of the refresh on the seller's youtube channel. Hope he keeps that going! He's got a Mustie1 vibe but for Isuzus - I'd watch that all day

#2,530 ·
szac said:
Looks like the seller took care of a ton. I watched some of the refresh on the seller's youtube channel. Hope he keeps that going! He's got a Mustie1 vibe but for Isuzus - I'd watch that all day
Yeah, he did a great job and is a really cool guy. Took it for a test drive and inspection already.

It is going to need a new exaust welded right away. Grinds pretty loudly and is scraping the rear bumper. And will need to do the fuel pump. I'm leaning towards letting is sit on the market for a little bit to see if he softens up on the price.

#2,533 ·
Not sure on the year, '91-94 PU's had the GM 3.1 V6 option. Might have a rod knock. Just pull spark plug wires one-at-a-time until the knock goes away, and you'll at least be able to safely drive it onto a trailer or tow dolly.

Excellent potential for a "3.2" (bored-out block, oversize pistons yields 3.2 displacement) rebuild, or a 3.4 swap. The truck is quite a bit lighter than a Trooper, it should run very strong with a 3.4.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1108535 ... zu&cid=5.1

And of course, it's in the No-Rust PNW! :mrgreen:

Listed for 22 days but the price has been dropped, so it may still be available.

Isuzu pickup 4x4 nice clean little truck needs a good wash runs and drives needs brakes and think I had a rod knock would be a good project for a kid or around the farm truck open to trade

Attachments

#2,534 ·
Now if that was down here... Dennis

#2,538 ·
IIRC this is the cheapest imported RHD TD Gen II Trooper I've seen for sale in the PNW. Love to have this but I don't think I wanna deal with RHD.

Low miles, though, 42,000. It was a postal vehicle, however, so lots of stop-and-go driving.

https://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/d/cle ... 18714.html

Attachments

#2,541 ·
giusedtobe said:
Getsducks said:
What was it? ALready gone apparently
His link got busted, I think he's referring to this lovely '91 Impuse:

https:// vancouver.craigslist. org/nvn/cto/d/north-vancouver-east-central-1991-isuzu/7342397146.html

The site is parsing the link, so you'll have to copy/paste then take the spaces out. It's a rare car to see nowadays, and a beauty!

Attachments

#2,542 ·
Who wants a good deal on a Colorado project truck? https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/aur ... 14201.html

I bet the 4wd would be a relatively easy fix. He doesn't mention what kind of transmission it has though, wonder if he went MUA-5 or AR-5.

SOLD AS IS / CASH ONLY / LOCAL!!

The OK!
This vehicle has been used solely for off-roading the past 10 years. It has a 3" lift with 33" Good Year
A friend moved that had a shop and tools and I need to move it on.
The Automatic 4L30E is no longer it has been replaced w/ 5 speed manual and entire drive train to accommodate the 5 speed manual transmission. Runs Great!
The 3.2 v6 engine was replaced at 85k with a new crate engine from Isuzu for a 2002 Trooper and yes a 3.5 v6.
The rear differential has a PowerTrax Grip LOK mechanical auto locker. Installed over 10 years ago ran many trails works great.
Super Winch Front Manual Locking Hubs

The BAD!
Driver Side Airbag although never deployed is disconnected. the steering wheel needs a new clock spring installed.
The front differential is good but the actuator does not engage 4WD.

The Extra!
I have additional parts which you are welcome to and are included at no additional cost.
No price reduction if extra parts are not wanted.

#2,543 ·
#2,544 ·
Found another one in Colorado.

https://denver.craigslist.org/bar/d/wes ... 63050.html

Image won't fit, but it's SAS'd with a 44 up front and a 60 in the rear.

1993 Isuzu rodeo SAS solid axle swap, Dana 60 rear Axle, Dana 44 front Axle, Rear Has 5:13 Gears, The Front axle is empty. Truck Runs Great, But auto trans wont shift on its own. I Have A box of Spare Parts to go with it. CB Radio Installed. Tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A'S, 315/75R16 . Body Is In Good Shape. It Is almost 30 Years old and has been on many trails. It has one spot of rust in a spot that I was going to cut out any way, and minor dents. Needs A Weld On rear Right Shock Mount and a Leaf spring replaced.
It is drivable but I would not drive it far. It Would Be Best to Trailer It. Its a great toy, Just Needs a little bit of work.
If add is still up, its still available. Clean Colorado title in my name ready to sign.
147,600 miles

#2,545 ·
Hate to have to say it, but this Colorado project is going to be another nightmare like the SAS guy who has TOO MUCH lift and his front shaft is never going to line up w/o serious drive train modifications (basically DROP the engine and tranny if you ask me). Dennis

#2,547 ·
Enemigo said:
Are you thinking he got stuck in the project and just decided to sell?
Over the years, I've seen quite a few (and bought a few of them) where someone started modifying and got involved over their heads, gave up and decided to sell. I bought a couple where I ripped everything out and returned it to original stock condition.
From what I see, one big problem with these SAS conversions (which is usually because they want extreme lift) is drive shaft angles. You can only angle a drive shaft so much (especially with the shorter front drive shaft). If you angle the axle (differential) up, you throw off the U-joint phasing. A double cardigan (like Bradzuzu did on his Trooper) helps, but again, the shortness of th efront shaft doesn't give you much to work with. In my opinion and experience, lowering or dropping the powertrain may be the best option (besides going divorced transfer case). This is what they do with Subaru "lifting", where you have a unibody and you are essentially lifting the body off the drive train. With an Isuzu SAS conversion, this shouldn't be a big problem. The rear crossmember can easily be spaced down, and the front crossmember (where the engine mounts are) can be cut out and also spaced down. It would get a little tricky with the shifter (manual trans) and be much like doing a body lift (Subarus have the shifter mounted to the body and linked to the tranny). If one has the skills to weld and mount he front axle, the crossmember drop shouldn't be too big of a challenge. Dennis

#2,548 ·
Raleigh NC.
2004 Isuzu Rodeo , auto trans. $3k.

Not mine,just saw the ad. (There are 3 current Rodeo ads running locally. For some reason, all will be shown if you enter only "Isuzu" in search box, but if you enter "Isuzu Rodeo" only the one below will show up).
"Great running 2004 Isuzu rodeo 3.2v6 w/hitch receiver mount with only 112000 miles on it. Need to make room at home and sell soon make me an offer. Tires 50% tread left, speedometer not work as of a few months ago could be cluster or sensor I don't have the time to look at it OBO 919 four four 9 56 zero four".
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/sp ... 76137.html

#2,549 ·
GG44 said:
Raleigh NC.
2004 Isuzu Rodeo , auto trans. $3k.

Not mine,just saw the ad. (There are 3 current Rodeo ads running locally. For some reason, all will be shown if you enter only "Isuzu" in search box, but if you enter "Isuzu Rodeo" only the one below will show up).
"Great running 2004 Isuzu rodeo 3.2v6 w/hitch receiver mount with only 112000 miles on it. Need to make room at home and sell soon make me an offer. Tires 50% tread left, speedometer not work as of a few months ago could be cluster or sensor I don't have the time to look at it OBO 919 four four 9 56 zero four".
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/sp ... 76137.html
i wouldnt exactly call a 2wd rodeo a good deal for 3k

#2,550 ·
superswire said:
i wouldnt exactly call a 2wd rodeo a good deal for 3k
Eye Of The Beholder. Isuzus don't come up for sale often. I just post what I run across & let the reader decide whether to pursue it vs
scroll past & keep moving.

#2,551 ·
There are actually more listed right now than I've seen in years. Just not on craigslist. Check facebook marketplace and cargurus. The prices are outlandish to say the least. That particular rodeo is the DI engine, so buyer should be wary that they are 250hp and really quick, but parts are non-existant and very pricey if you can find them. Also, its 2wd, so basically a summer vehicle unless it's to start a solid front axle project which would be amazing. Either case, there are 3 other DI rodeos and a few axioms for sale in NC for well under 3k.