Isuzu SUV Forum banner

RIP Merle!

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Ed Mc. 
#1 ·
Merle Haggard is now playing with Johnny Cash again. RIP We are losing so many of the great ones lately!

#3 ·
And now Jimmy Van Zant. :( Dennis

#4 ·
It is just another sign we are getting old.

Reactions: 1995pickup
#5 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
itsmehb said:
Came across this new (to me) country singer who is old country, kinda like Merle was. Names Mo Pitney.
Really liked these video's so thought I would post it for the other old country fans like me.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bo ... +mo+pitney

MAN THAT KID HAS A VOICE , ,HAD FORGOTTEN JUST HOW GOOD HE REALLY IS,

HARRY IF YOU WANT TO HEAR SOMEONE WHO YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE ,ESP WHEN YOU SEE WHO IT IS, LOOK UP
KEN CURTIS, /FESTUS FROM GUN SMOKE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING VOICE AND ACTOR , JUST A GRIZZLED UP OL COW=BOY ACTOR WITH A VOICE LIEK YOU NEVER WOULD IMAGINE ,

#8 ·
#9 ·
Darn, another country (real country) artist passed away. Don Williams, a fellow Texan, may you rest in peace.

#11 ·
One of Mo Pitneys latest. Take a break and listen.

#12 ·
This time around it's Joe Diffie. Damn virus. I'll include a link for his song Home.

#13 ·
This time it's a couple of Texas country song writer/singers. Funny, even there names are Texan, Jerry Jeff and Billy Joe. That's Jerry Jeff Walker and Billy Joe Shaver probably not known outside of Texas, but great song writers. Here's a couple of there songs.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... joe+shaver

#14 · (Edited)
And now another one, Jerry Lee, to me a better country singer than he ever got credit for. Here's one of his songs I always liked. RIP, Jerry, they'll never be another. One by one, they're turning out the lights, ironic

#15 ·
R.I.P. Jerry Lee Lewis, gone to the Great Honky Tonk in the Sky.

R.I.P. Tom Petty (Oct 2, 1917), who would have been 72 this year on Oct 20. That was a tough one, still not completely over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.