Isuzu SUV Forum banner

What have you done to your isuzu this week?

617K views 4K replies 588 participants last post by  Enemigo 
#1 ·
I've seen this on other forums and thought it was a good idea. Just a place to put all your zu related projects you get completed (big or small).

I'll start..

I bled my brakes and my clutch. I also replaced a spring in my seat that my fat *** broke.

So, what have you guys done this week?

#2 ·
I washed Blackie for URE. I might even vacuum it out although it has never been vacuumed out in the 2 years I've owned it! :roll:

I put a fuel pump in the SLX Saturday. the old one was dying. What happened to the days of a fuel pump just quitting and there was no doubt what the issue was. One minute it was running great then next it would cut-off when slowing down to stop or turn. Anyway, that's resolve.

Haven't touched Red! He's looking lonely in the corner. But, he'll be getting some love (and a rebuilt head) when it cools off. Too darn hot lately to mess with anything!

#3 ·
I converted my 1st gen Rideo HVAC cotnrols to 2nd gen. Looks real slick!
here is post I made about it
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56489

Also, changed my fuel pump and cleaned my IAT sensor. The fuel filter I don't think had ever been changed in 155k. The IAT sensor was a bitch. One of the bolts was seized and ended up breaking it....Had to drill it out and re-tap hole. But all fixed now!

I love these threads. Its cool to see the tinkering ppl do!

Happy fixin'
-WDoG

Reactions: Bluetugtuna
#4 ·
i also am on other car forums that have " what have you done to your car this week " , they are great.

2003 rodeo 3.2 ( 7th rodeo , 2 troopers ) --loaded--sun roof--leather--asian tranny with dip stick--black

washed , changed 4 1/2 qts tranny fluid , cleaned maf and iat sensors ,put in a bottle of injector cleaner.

#5 ·
Removed OME 912s and installed OME 929s in the LS. Replaced air filter and wiper blades. Moved Optima red top from the RS to the LS. Moved all my wheeling equipment (towstraps, hi-lift, etc.) from the RS to the LS in preparation for wheeling on the 22nd. That's about all I had time for as I worked about 70 hours last week.

#7 ·
I hadn't tendered to my frame in over 3 years so I figured it was time to check it out and do a little rust prevention. Sure enough there was some surface rust, and some dried up mud and dirt inside of the frame. First I attached a slender tube to a shop vacuum and sucked out most of the dirt, then I took a pressure washer and washed out the remainder of it. I sanded down the frame and sprayed it with rust inhibitor. Then I covered it up with a rust preventative rubberized undercoat, and some truck bed liner.

Looks better ey? :D

#9 ·
Well. I upgraded to Heated mirrors and installed some extra lights in the front.

up next is CV axles..and maybe an LSD. :D

#10 ·
I just got done installing my coil spacers onto my OME springs, installed new Skyjacker shocks, Calmini upper links, and new wheels/tires. :D

#11 ·
Cleaned maf sensor, just put in replacement tail light harness after driving two weeks with no right tail brakelight, taking her to the suspension doctor tomorrow to fix a wicked vibration in the drivetrain, maybe u-bolt not sure.

#13 ·
I disassembled an entire '86 down to the bare body & rolling chassis, getting it ready for the scrap yard, I pulled the 2.6 out of the RS, pulled the stock diff's out of an '89 to go into the RS, installed new wheels, and a round eye set up on the RS, installed a motor in an '88, pulled the top end off an '89. swapped fuel tanks from an '89 to the '88.... lots of other piddly stuff, but that's the bulk of it.

#15 ·
********** said:
I disassembled an entire '86 down to the bare body & rolling chassis, getting it ready for the scrap yard, I pulled the 2.6 out of the RS, pulled the stock diff's out of an '89 to go into the RS, installed new wheels, and a round eye set up on the RS, installed a motor in an '88, pulled the top end off an '89. swapped fuel tanks from an '89 to the '88.... lots of other piddly stuff, but that's the bulk of it.
Dude....................Seriously you need to slow down! You're making the rest of us look lazier than we really are!

#16 ·
LOL.. I take advantage of good weather. Come December I'll be sitting around the house practicing my guitar. I have to hussle for a couple months in the spring and the fall to get my years worth of work done. I lost my entire Spring on that damn '01 motor swap.... I guarantee you'll never see another thread from me about doing one of those again.... Seriously, that setup is insane... I could do 20 2.6 swaps in the time it took to do that one....

#17 ·
I washed Red Beans. Getting ready to buff out what's left of the paint again. You know your paint is oxidized when you wash it and the rinse off runs red!
I removed the factory installed bedliner in the new pick up. Wanted to inspect the bed. It'll get a Herculiner job done instead of the drop in. Started some minor clean up on that one.

#18 ·
I put my wifes shoes on the hood of my trooper to dry out! LOL homer hasn't seen much action lately, but thats soon to change with the next round of projects in the mix for winter.

#19 ·
sassee said:
********** said:
Dude....................Seriously you need to slow down! You're making the rest of us look lazier than we really are!
Yeah he did a lot but I had to press REALLY hard on that rubber piece to make it stick :roll: Think I sprained my thumb too!

#20 ·
Ummmmmmm......checked the fuel, filled up the oil...........and drove it all over hell. Drove my 86 to go look at another 86 that is mine's twin......but mine looked like a diamond in a goats butt compared to the other.

#21 ·
X 2 Holy smokes.

sassee said:
********** said:

#22 ·
I put gas in it and I drove mine.

Loaded my mountain bike in the back so I could go riding in my favorite park. 10 miles out, 10 miles back, 4 hours of riding.

Don't drive much.

stusvend said:
I've seen this on other forums and thought it was a good idea. Just a place to put all your zu related projects you get completed (big or small).

I'll start..

I bled my brakes and my clutch. I also replaced a spring in my seat that my fat a-- broke.

So, what have you guys done this week?

#23 ·
Checked all my fluids, then changed my oil, installed poly leaf spring bushings and Moog sway bar bushings, found out that my rear axle vent tube is in fact clogged and planning on replacing the seal this coming week, drove around 600 miles to Canada and back, and put in a new Wix fuel filter :)

#24 ·
Nice work and great photos!!

Star Blazers said:
I hadn't tendered to my frame in over 3 years so I figured it was time to check it out and do a little rust prevention. Sure enough there was some surface rust, and some dried up mud and dirt inside of the frame. First I attached a slender tube to a shop vacuum and sucked out most of the dirt, then I took a pressure washer and washed out the remainder of it. I sanded down the frame and sprayed it with rust inhibitor. Then I covered it up with a rust preventative rubberized undercoat, and some truck bed liner.

Looks better ey? :D

#25 ·
Drove it. That's it. There are things that need to be done. Need a new knock sensor and a inner tire rod end. But that's money which is in short supply right now.

#26 ·
I cut the rear section of roof off, stripped out the interior, and started bedlining the floor and making filler panels for the cut roof lol. Oh and got it buried messing around offroad