Isuzu SUV Forum banner

build up on my monster IFS my 95 trooper LS

36K views 123 replies 33 participants last post by  RamAirZ 
#1 ·
This thread will be dedicated to the build up on my monster IFS my 95 trooper LS.below its humble beginning.i i purchase it on nove 23rd 2009.

build up on my monster IFS my 95 trooper LS

a better pic sitting stock

pic sitting on 31's with 3 inch susplift and 1 inch body lift

pic of 3 inch suspension lift components

sittinig 315/75/16 dunlop maxx traction mudders on 16 x 8 black steel craigers with 1 inch body lift and 3 inch susp lift

next mods will be 12000 lb winch installation,surco roof rack and rear aussie locker[/img]

here is my 12000 lb vortex winch laying on my liviving room floor
soon to be mounted on my trooper

my 3 inch body lift

[/img]

my factory shop manuals for my 95 trooper

my rear aussie locker

[/img]

my winch mount under constuction

another winch mount pic

steering extension 3 in body lift

my trooper setting high on 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift and 35 x 1250 mudders 8) neo

[/img]

See less See more
#4 ·
WOW! That thing is looki'n awesome!
My short height be danged, I'm goi'n with 35's next time! :lol:
Those tires are Awesome!

#7 ·
COYOTE102076 said:
WOW! That thing is looki'n awesome!
My short height be danged, I'm goi'n with 35's next time! :lol:
Those tires are Awesome!
I've already got my 35's in the shopping cart, im just itching to click buy! Gotta wait a little bit longer.

#8 ·
Neo, i'd leave the body lift off. If you put the 3" on there, it's going to make those 35's look small. Get you an ARB bumper, put that 12k winch in there and be done with it. :wink:

#9 ·
I have those exact tires on my company truck 'cept in the 315/70/17 version. They are pretty good tires so far.

I'd also keep it as low as possible, I'd not want to make it any more top heavy than necessary.

I like big swedes truck and he's running 35's and very minimal lift.

Joe

#10 ·
black98Rodeo said:
I've already got my 35's in the shopping cart, im just itching to click buy! Gotta wait a little bit longer.
35's. On a Rodeo!!!!! Hell Yeah !!!!!!!
Has anybody ever put 35's on a Rodeo before?
If so, I have not seen one. ( Exept for SAS'd custom built ones)
I guess I sould ask, has anybody ever run 35's on an IFS Rodeo before! :lol:

That would look so cool. Troopers on 35's & Rodeo's on 33's kind of have the same apperance. Something to do with the body size to tire size ratio. Like how 33's look huge on a Rodeo, but yet look almost stock when on a full size truck.

#14 ·
black98Rodeo said:
Neo, i'd leave the body lift off. If you put the 3" on there, it's going to make those 35's look small. Get you an ARB bumper, put that 12k winch in there and be done with it. :wink:
i want 3 inch body lift because extra lift plus it makes getting to the bell housing bolts and other things easy to access 8) neo

#15 ·
silverpickup said:
i know this is going to sound stupid, and ive looked.. but can u do a 1 inch body lift on a AUTO trooper?

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can, autos most of the time are easier to body lift.

#18 ·
COYOTE102076 said:
I guess I sould ask, has anybody ever run 35's on an IFS Rodeo before! :lol:
A few years ago, Rodeo Guy had 35x12.50 TrXus M/Ts on his 1st Gen...

Curious thing though -- other than the Isuzu faithful, for some reason, practically no one else ever even noticed.

Once, in Uwharrie, while we were sitting on the hood of his Rodeo, which itself was sitting in front of Dan-Dan-the-Jeep-Breakin'-Man's Wrangler (also on 35s), parked in such a way as to leave the Jeep barely visible to any passers-by. --- Mike had just been telling me that it seems like hardly anyone notices a Rodeo with 35s; almost as if it were completely invisible. --- And then, a family walked past Mike & Dan's campsite...

When they reached the one-and-only spot where they had a direct line of sight past the Rodeo, where they could even possibly catch a glimpse of Dan's Jeep, whatsoever -- the youngest son suddenly shouted "NICE JEEP!!!"

To which, a wincing and deflated Mike turned to me and said "See. -- There. -- That's what I'm talkin' about!"

I guess what I'm saying is this:
Don't bother getting 35s if you're only doing so for the looks.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when ol' THUD is sitting on a set of 35x10.50s -- but I'm only in it for the ground clearance... I could give two rat's left testicles whether anyone ever gives it a second look -- I get waaaaaaaaaay more than enough of that sort of thing driving the VX :shock: :lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

#19 ·
I hear you Smiley, these days people are so hyped up on Jeeps because you can jack 'em up real high and put huge tires on it. Yeah you can do all of that, but to me they are still the most raggedy (spelling?)POS's on the road. I could go on and on about jeeps......go ahead with your thread Neo.

Edit - In the end, you build YOUR truck the way you want and that's all that matters. F%$* a Jeep!

#23 ·
I have to admit, the body lift makes life easy. It took about 15 minutes to get all my bellhousing bolts out when I was doing my engine swap. Also made dropping the fuel tank, hooking and unhooking up fuel lines, a real cinch. Also makes power washing the underside of the truck much easier.

However, my BL is coming out on Thursday... like neo said, to each his own.

#24 ·
justwork said:
I have to admit, the body lift makes life easy. It took about 15 minutes to get all my bellhousing bolts out when I was doing my engine swap. Also made dropping the fuel tank, hooking and unhooking up fuel lines, a real cinch. Also makes power washing the underside of the truck much easier.

However, my BL is coming out on Thursday... like neo said, to each his own.
:D you hit the nail on the head my friend.same reason i love body lifts 8) neo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.