1992 Isuzu PU Vacuum Diagram needed

Discuss anything related to drivetrain problems here (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Moderator: Staff

1992 Isuzu PU Vacuum Diagram needed

Postby lemansw53 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:15 am

I am working on a 92 PU w/ 2.3 carb motor and need a vacuum routing diagram (the hood has been replaced with one from a V6).

Anyone have one from a manual or a clear picture of an underhood sticker?

Thanks

Chris
lemansw53
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Postby atfdmike » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:49 am

HTH
Mike

94 Trooper SE
3.2 L V6 DOHC, Auto w/cooler,Aisins,Poly Sway Bar Bushings, Sway-Away Torsion Bars, Rancho 5000 shocks, Cadillac "A" note dual horns, Retrofit Multimeter, Driver side interior assist handles

"cerca trova"
atfdmike
Zu Royalty

Postby lemansw53 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Mike
You are a super mensch!
Thanks
Chris
lemansw53
Loyal P'up

Postby lemansw53 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 am

Mike
Thanks again for the picture. It helped me figure out my problem.
Time to publicly confess my dumb mistake.

I got this truck already disassembled and it had no vacuum diagram, so I had to sort out the vacuum hose routing the old fashioned way.

I also had to replace the fuel pump on the 2.3. The pump diaphragm spring was broken and the diaphragm also appeared to be leaking. Quite a pain to get to it, I should have replaced it on the bench when I was replacing the head.

So when I installed the new pump, for some reason, I connected a loose vacuum line to the vent drain fitting on the pump. Long story short, the pump worked OK while cranking the engine but not at all when the engine was running - vacuum applied to the back of the diaphragm kept it from pumping fuel.

After sleeping and thinking about it, I remembered hooking up this line. Went out this morning and removed the vacuum line and the new fuel pump now works fine. DOH!
lemansw53
Loyal P'up

Return to Drivetrain Problems