How to remove the front bumper cover on a 99 trooper

This forum is for the discussion of general Isuzu related information

Moderator: Staff

How to remove the front bumper cover on a 99 trooper

Postby buckey99 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:43 pm

I goofed and posted this to classified. New member, sorry.

I have a slightly pushed in left front bumper cover. I was wondering how I can remove it and straighten out a bracket or what ever needs to be corrected. Thanks so much for any help. I am a new member and a new owner of a 99 trooper.
buckey99
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Postby shooter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Until someone with a later model trooper chimes in, maybe this will help you.

I downloaded the graphic from the following site: http://www.myisuzuparts.com/

Really nice site if you're not familiar with it. Used primarily for parts numbers and illustrations. It was flagged to have been removed from the net months ago, however, it remains.
1989 Isuzu Trooper S/ 4WD / 2.6 Litre 4 Cyl 4ZE1 Converted to Weber 32/36 Carb / 5-speed Manual (MUA5) / Warn Premium Hubs / Fancy Radio / Deluxe Intermittent Combination Wiper Switch

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Some people are like Slinkies; they are not good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
shooter
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 149 times

Postby BigSwede » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:59 am

It has been 4 years since I had my 99 Trooper, but IIRC the bumper assembly comes off with 4 bolts at the frame rails, and possibly some sort of connectors around the sides to keep it from vibrating. You will need to disconnect the fog light connectors also if you have them. There is a thin sheet metal "bumper" under the plastic...whether you impacted the metal is hard to say, probably not.
95 Trooper LS - 4" lift, 35" tires, 5.38 gears, ARB lockers
Indy4x Revolution 3.07:1 low range gears, Indy4x HD tie rods, homemade sway bar disconnects, Calmini HD sway bars, Darlington diff drop, OME 929 coil springs + 1" poly spacers and 1" body lift, Indy4x HD torsion bars, Indy4x HD rear axle links, Indy4x Kevlar brake lines, ARB bullbar, custom rear bumper with swing-out dual jerry can carrier, rock sliders, Sears Platinum Group 31 battery, ARB mini-compressor, Indy4x kevlar air lines, Warn M8000 winch, Blue Sea 6006 winch cutoff switch, Yaesu FT-1900R 2-meter ham radio, Larsen MHW-150C 1/2 wave antenna, Cobra 18WXST CB radio, Firestik II antenna, generic 8" driving lights, even more generic fog lights, two (2) Blue Sea auxiliary fuse panels, and outofrshell Dave's custom 1" shifter extension. (I actually typed this list as a joke but people seem to like it.)

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
BigSwede
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 167 times

Postby buckey99 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:08 am

Thanks for the help, the diagram gives me a start. If I can get the bumper cover off and see what is bent then fix I'll be in good shape. I think it's pushed in about 1 or 2 inches.
buckey99
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to General Isuzu Discussion