Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2001 to 1997 rodeo

513 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dingbat 
#1 ·
hello everyone, i have a 2001 isuzu rodeo that i am parting out and a 97 that i'm building at the moment. i was wondering what off of the 2001 i should keep to reuse or just have as spare parts that will bolt up or be useful maybe later on if somthing on my 97 goes out ( seats, consoles, suspension parts, anything that could be used id like to keep just need to be aware of what is swappable between these models) thank you very much for the information. (also while i'm here i'm completely parting out my 2001 isuzu rodeo( have 3 inch suspension lift OME, brand new CV axles, and everything is also on it. a bearing is going bad in the motor but still have that also, located in Madison Heights, Va 24572)

#2 ·
I don't think there are a ton of parts that are completely compatible between the 2 years. Seats probably would...center console may (which would be nice for the cup holders) The suspension, front is close, so things like the CV's would be good, the diff, etc. however you won't be able to swap any of the steering (totatly different systems) Rear end is different also. The axle could be used, but you'd have to weld on spring plates since the 97 is leaf and the 01 is coil.
Obviously the body is quite different, so nothing there. Really there isn't much, trans is most likely the same (assuming both are auto or manual) Not sure what else.

#3 ·
alright. that helps some. thanks for the info. any more knowledge would be appreciated by anyone else on the subject. thanks

#4 ·
I think exterior door handles may switch over. I havnt tried it but they look the same.

#7 ·
The rear bump stops will cross over without modification.

The grille clips line up with the exception of the screw. Though using the grille on the 97 would involve modifying the radiator support/deflector panel to mount the newer style headlights. I am sure other stuff will crossover to a 97, but not as much as would with a 98 or newer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.