O2 sensor> Bank2 sensor1 ??

Discuss anything related to drivetrain problems here (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Moderator: Staff

O2 sensor> Bank2 sensor1 ??

Postby jrod9707 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:17 pm

Hey guys chk engine lights on and the diagnose is Bank 2 sensor 1. Is that the driver side or passenger side on the exhaust where the o2 is located. Thanks again.
-98 Isuzu Rodeo LS,auto,4wd.
-00 Daewoo Leganza
jrod9707
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Postby Gizmo42 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Bank 2 would be drivers side and sensor 1 would be the one before the cat converter. Just follow the head pipe down from the exhaust manifold and you will see it before you get to the cat converter.

As a side note, I found out an easy way to remember which bank is which side. Bank 1 (odd number) should always be the side with odd numbered cylinders (1, 3, and 5 are on the passenger side for the 3.2) and Bank 2 (even number) should always be the side with even numbered cylinders.
--Dave
onetouch wrote:You're doomed Giz.
Gizmo42
Subscriber

Have thanks: 106 times

Postby jrod9707 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Gizmo42 wrote:Bank 2 would be drivers side and sensor 1 would be the one before the cat converter. Just follow the head pipe down from the exhaust manifold and you will see it before you get to the cat converter.

As a side note, I found out an easy way to remember which bank is which side. Bank 1 (odd number) should always be the side with odd numbered cylinders (1, 3, and 5 are on the passenger side for the 3.2) and Bank 2 (even number) should always be the side with even numbered cylinders.

Gizmo thanks for your input a friend of mine is a mechanic and he thought it would be passenger said that is what most manufacturers say Bank 2 is. But this is an Isuzu- If this is what you say it is I'll give it a shot(Besides driver side is easily accessible versus pass. I hope the pass doesn't go out anytime soon it looks like a pain in the arse where the cable is!! Thanks again man.
-98 Isuzu Rodeo LS,auto,4wd.
-00 Daewoo Leganza
jrod9707
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Drivetrain Problems