Isuzu SUV Forum banner

HELP!!! BJ flip/ BJ spacer?? 92 rodeo

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  eduu_PR 
#1 ·
FIRST POST! :wink:

I have been doing allot of reading on torsion bar lift but still need some more details plz.

I understand that fliping the BJ and adding a spacer is only needed when lifted to acheive alignment and keeping up and down travel centered on the upper arm. I have been looking online but all i find is a 1/4" spacer for my rodeo, witch seems like nothing compared to 1"-1.5" spacers found for other type of veicles like Toyotas for example. ANY SPECIFIC REASON? other than alignment issues?? because i could just have a buddy of mine with a 3d printer make me some 1/2",3/4" or 1" spacers instead. :idea:

I know i cant go further than 3" torsion lift on stock parts, but i want to try to keep my upper arm travel as centered as posible after lift. witch i figured would be the other reason to Bj flip and space. RIGHT??

please correct if anything i wrote is incorrect. :mrgreen:

should i just get the 1/4" spacers or have some built bigger??
anyone know how thick the built in spacer on the calmini top arm is on the 3" lift kit???

im riding on 31" Cooper Discoverer with a 1" wheel spacer and hate when she rubs :cry:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Reality: 31s were a factory option - with stock suspension adjustment. The BJ spacer isn't all that necessary with 31s. For best CV life with a lift, you need to do the front diff drop (do a search on it). You'll need modified brackets (believe someone here offers them). Dennis

Reactions: eduu_PR
#3 ·
On our trucks the spacers are simply to correct UCA angle and make alignment possible. They are not needed on a mild lift. Larger spacers would introduce alignment issues in the oposite direction.

Toyota trucks had the torsion bar on the UCA so a spacer here would actually provide lift.

#4 ·
geoffinbc said:
On our trucks the spacers are simply to correct UCA angle and make alignment possible. They are not needed on a mild lift. Larger spacers would introduce alignment issues in the oposite direction.

Toyota trucks had the torsion bar on the UCA so a spacer here would actually provide lift.
makes sense, thnks!

#5 ·
DSUZU said:
Reality: 31s were a factory option - with stock suspension adjustment. The BJ spacer isn't all that necessary with 31s. For best CV life with a lift, you need to do the front diff drop (do a search on it). You'll need modified brackets (believe someone here offers them). Dennis
inhad previewsly cranked up like 1" for the new shoes bit need a bit more space when weeling, when slightly turned to the right my passnger tire will rub . thats why im going a bit taller

ok so, crank T bar, lower front Diff, then if allignment isnt posible flip upper BJ.
Thats the order i should go with? right?

#7 ·
geoffinbc said:
If your going to have a total of roughly 2" then go ahead and do the flip but no spacer.
Agreed. Plenty of write up on doing this. Dennis

Reactions: eduu_PR
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.