Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Dash Lights

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ammon91 
#1 ·
I just got my Rodeo back on the road and was driving it last night since my other car's clutch line decided to break. I noticed that several of the dash lights were not working and then I wondered if they were supposed to be illuminated? The only thing I have added/modified is the fog light switch and the aftermarket head unit. The fog light switch is on it's own circuit, so I'm not concerned with that at all. The only thing I can think of is maybe the dimmer wire that went to the original head unit needs to be used, but I'm not sure. I really don't remember if they worked originally.

The switches light up, but the climate control does not.

None of the buttons light up, not even the dimmer switch.

Any suggestions?

See less See more
#4 ·
My gauges lights do work and dim with the dimmer. I'm also not sure what I was thinking, but the switches in the picture do light up with the climate control (edited in first post).

I suppose it is possible that the climate control bulbs are burnt out. I'm somewhat certain they were not working when I originally got it.

#5 ·
Hi all,
I'm hoping to find a write-up for replacing the dash bulbs in a 2000 Rodeo. Most of them seem to have burned out in my mom's ride. Is Radio Shack the best place to find them?

Thanks!

#6 ·
esgarbanzo said:
Hi all,
I'm hoping to find a write-up for replacing the dash bulbs in a 2000 Rodeo. Most of them seem to have burned out in my mom's ride. Is Radio Shack the best place to find them?

Thanks!
Theres no write up for just replacing the bulbs that I know of. But start out with this....
It will help you with removing the cluster. The bulbs in there are #74 and #194
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=9058

I put a list of bulbs for the Rodeo in this thread...
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=25473

Hope that helps!

#7 ·
If you connected the orange wire on your headunit then you fried your dimmer switch! The dimmer switch doesn't like the back feed from the dimmer output on aftermarket units. Check you fuse first but i bet my money if you smell that dimmer switch its burnt. They are dime a dozen so no big deal to replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.