Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie 4x4Cross Status

23K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  zippo 
#1 ·
I talked to Joe a bit this evening and he's having a great time. He did say that the first truck through was flying. It finished in 7mins 31 seconds.

-Tad

#28 ·
RodeoRed said:
what in the name of god was THIS? :lol: :lol:

That is a Brat new generation.
ACTUALLY TALLER THAN Doug's LowRider.

That pipe over the passenger side is the snorkle.

:)
:)

#29 ·
bigpoppax2 said:
I've got video of the Subaru I believe it's a Legacy.
Could be a Baja, which is Subaru's short lived PU based upon the Legacy. In any case, both have unibody construction and neither has a center dif lock so it is amazing that it got very far.

#30 ·
#32 ·
I talked to Smiley yesterday and he's fine. He and Doug had both planned to leave today. Doug was repacking a trailer bearing, and Smiley was re-packing the Rodeo. He was going to try and drive it home. They should check in today as they get in. I'll let you know if I hear any more.

Andre

#36 ·
Looks like he was really flying once he got past the garden. I could feel the suspension bottoming out as he hit the berms right through my monitor. :lol: Web wheeling at its best.

#38 ·
Whats up everyone. My name is Dan. I was with Truc "Ropegun" at the 4xcrocss race sat. all the zuz did really well and impressed me as well as most of the crowd at Kodiak. anyway Truc should get all thoes pics and vid up tonight. there are some awesome shots in there. Hope you guys are ok with a Nissan owner joining the club. seem like a great bunch of guys here. well anyway here is my Rig, I did not get to run it this weekend. it has a few issues with the locker I need to get worked out......plus it is to damn pretty
:wink:

Enjoy!

Pre SAS....

Post SAS.......

Let me know what you think!!!

#39 ·
Sweet looking XTerra. First, SASed second gen that I've seen :!:

#40 ·
ArmyAnt said:
Whats up everyone. My name is Dan. I was with Truc "Ropegun" at the 4xcrocss race sat. all the zuz did really well and impressed me as well as most of the crowd at Kodiak. anyway Truc should get all thoes pics and vid up tonight. there are some awesome shots in there. Hope you guys are ok with a Nissan owner joining the club. seem like a great bunch of guys here. well anyway here is my Rig, I did not get to run it this weekend. it has a few issues with the locker I need to get worked out......plus it is to damn pretty
:wink:

Enjoy!

Let me know what you think!!!
i don't know this guy...he's my stalker. :lol: :lol:

actually, and unfortunately, armyant is probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. welcome to the planet, punk.

#42 ·
The race was absolutely AWESOME!!! :twisted:

Starchild said:
He was going to try and drive it home.
Make that: DROVE it home…
That Rodeo is one tough old bastard!

Doug made it back safe & sound too.

Miss Kathy and I have not seen one another in over a week, so I'll be posting-up with photos and videos (and have story time) later -- although, what you’ve already read about the roll is basically how it went down (errr…so to speak :oops: ).

Cheers!
Smiley

#43 ·
Smiley: Sorry to hear about the flop. Very glad to hear that you made it home safe!

#44 ·
wareagle said:
Smiley: Sorry to hear about the flop. Very glad to hear that you made it home safe!
2x! I thought that the Rodeo would get you home, but I was really worried about that windshield. It really didn't look like it would stay together for the trip.

#45 ·
Glad to hear your ok Smiley but sorry to hear about the old rodeo. I guess here's your chance for an all out Trail rig :twisted:. Army ant, its nice to see you over here. I am a member over on VAXC, NOAS, and ENCXC. I have always been a fan of your X because of how clean it is and to correct someone that is only a first gen not a Second gen. Hope you have fun here, and was wondering if you are coming to the Uwharrie run at the end of May.

#47 ·
#48 ·
that last one is still my favorite. that guy was a trooper through it all.

I will have to say that dispite the drunken crazies across the street the race part was killer to be a part of and watch. The D class was great in that area where joe was filming, they never let up on the throttle

#49 ·
we had a blast,actually being able to race all out on a closed forest trail was.............ugh..........I can't describe it.

I was going to take it easy and just cruise,looking good 8) but after I put that helmet on........well, the saying was"once the helmet goes on the stupid can't get out"

Whoever coined that phrase was correct :shock:

We sat on the start line and had the tune "lowrider" blaring,it was on repeat.I had it blasting the entire run,everyone was hooting and hallering.

We hit the ledge before the rock garden.........literally....it was rough,I love to see video of it or atleast a pic.

I cut a rear tire on the ledge,that didn't slow use down at all,didn't know about it til the end.

Next was the rock garden.

I think I hit every rock up there :lol: ,you can hear the back tire backing "farting" noises at every turn.

After the rock garden I saw speedo mph's of 40+,it was stupid fast.
I probabley shift'd a 1000 times :eek: that 2.6 stayed between 4,500 and 6,500 rpm :shock:

I actually almost shifted into 5th gear (lowrange) til' I looked at the speedo and I saw 45mph and said no way slow down.

I only saw 1 bystander the whole race,there where 100's out there.

More story later.gotta go to work.

#51 ·
here are the times
#204 90 Amigo - 10.22...
#304 91 Trooper - 10.01...broke 1 shock on each side, bent tie rod, broke center leaf spring pin
#306 02 Passport - DNF... fastest time to checkpoint 1...42 sec...jumped berm...blew tire... crashed into really large mud puddle off the side of the trail.
#211 96 Passport - 9.07... no carnage
#102 50 Willys (Honorary Isuzu) - 13.10ish ... broke shackle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.