Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Coming back for more

842 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wmorrisiii 
#1 ·
In 1988 I bought my first new car...a first gen 88 Maroon Trooper with split rear folding seats and a couple of other minor mods which got it a SX trim designation. Had if for 14 years, loved it and it went everywhere. In 2002 I sold the trooper to a friend for 800 to give it a home up in Mendocino where it would be their transport from the road to homestead, Thought it a fitting retirement.
I didn't realize how much I'd missed my Trooper (Tillie) until while out shopping for my son's first car we came across an extremely well maintained (can you say 15 years of maintenance records with oil changes documented every 3,000 miles) 1994 Trooper with 170,000 miles. I was in love, and put down a $200 deposit on the hopes that my son would not find the 4 runner of his dreams. That was not to be, and he found one in decent condition for a surprisingly decent price (geez...amazing what they go for). Then it hit me :idea: why don't I sell my king cab frontier which I've never really loved and buy it. So I am. It will be coming home in early May.

I'm gonna dig up some pics of the first one if I can find them and the new one and will post when I have it here.

I live in Oakland CA and will be towing a teardrop I'm building now, hauling kayaks and bikes and just having a blast. It will feel like being a kid again!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a great find on the 94, and welcome back to the world of the Zu's. Post up some pictures of the new ride when you get the chance. Always nice to see a well maintained Trooper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.