Isuzu SUV Forum banner

New Here

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CodeElegance 
#1 ·
Took a chance and bought a 90 trooper destined for the scrap yard. On a trailer headed for the scrap yard as a matter of fact. Back story was the guy that owned it daily drove it, had the tranny rebuilt, fell into some money, parked it 10 years ago and never drove it again. I got it, changed the battery cables, dropped the fuel tank, changed the fuel pump, cleaned all the sludge out of the tank, and she lit right up. Since that I've changed the fuel filter, oil, flushed the brakes, clutch, spark plugs, cleaned the MAF sensor, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It has 22x,xxx miles and everything works except the radio. But I am having a few issues with it. It fires right up every time. Idles great, revs great. But after I drive it a while and warms up good, I'll press on he gas usually in 3rd or 4th gear and it will stumble/cut out whatever you want to call it. It never dies and comes back after I let off the gas and ease into it. I've searched and can't really find anything related to what issues I'm having. The rpms also surge a little when coming to a stop and pressing in the clutch. Anyway any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really keen on throwing parts at something. I plan on changing the fuel filter, cap, and rotor soon. But I'm wondering if the issue I'm having is a sensor of some type. Anyway like I said any insight would be helpful.

#7 ·
Hello Zuke here. New member!!

I have a 2000 trooper, mostly stock. I pulled my rear axles and delivered them to my local machine shop to have old bearing pressed off and new ones pressed on. I only made it as far as the delivery. "Bill" at the shop has done many many bearings on Toyota ect... he informed me that they are the same as "yotas" underneath my abs collar there is a snap ring. the only way he said he could press the bearings off would be to cut the abs collar to revile the snap ring witch would allow said work to be completed.

I have found replacement abs collars at my local dealership. they want $296 for two. dose anyone have experience with this?
Im sorry no pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.