Isuzu SUV Forum banner

HEAVY DUTY TIE ROD ENDS

20K views 74 replies 36 participants last post by  bry5o5 
#1 ·
I lifted my 1995.5 Isuzu Trooper LS... Soon after, I bent my left tie rod adjusting bar messing up my alignment.

I found a decent source of heavy duty tie rods, without the INDEPENDENT 4X price tag of $285.00...

• SHORT TIE RODS: 1987-91 TROOPER / 1990-95 AMIGO / 1990-95 RODEO - 1988-95 PICKUP/SPACECAB - $120.00 SHIPPED in the USA.[/*]
  • MEDIUM TIE RODS: 1995-97 RODEO / 1992-95 TROOPER - $110.00 SHIPPED in the USA.[/*]
  • LONG TIE RODS: 1995.5 + (With Flares) TROOPER / 1999-01 VX - $110.00 SHIPPED in the USA.[/*]

Parts are BRAND NEW, they come with greaseable zerks on both ends. Any question feel free to ask...

I can provide you with all part numbers in case you ever need to replace any parts.

You can also find me on FACEBOOK under user name SV650R .

Now posted on EBAY as well... It's cheaper to buy them HERE or on FACEBOOK, because we both save money on EBAY fees.

Per GEOFFINBC article on Steering/Suspension Modifications.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the support. I just got a few more sets!!!

#5 ·
The ends are from a Ford F-150 and are more than strong enough for a Trooper. You'll never push these beyond their limits in an Isuzu with IFS. These also don't limit your wheel travel like the Indy4x set. Geoffinbc figured out how to put this together and uses them on his own rig. Luis sources his parts through a friend and does all the modification necessary to make these a bolt on affair.

#7 ·
Mediums required 10mm trimming from each of the 4 rod ends to fit 92 Jackaroo (Trooper) in Australia, Aussie customers may want to keep this in mind but (ended up having to get a custom shop to do this properly on a horizontal band for $30) Also the taper is not quite as tight as the factory ends, but they still do not slop around when tightened. Overal very good alternative and half the price of the indy rods and not that much more expensive than used factory rods from a wreck in oz! Have not yet used the car seriously offroad since install but will report back soon with this but I would say if you have bent a factory rod then just dont waste any time fitting standard ones again and get a set of these!

#8 ·
If you guys want some HD Tie Rods... I am about to make a new order...

#9 ·
Luis95LS said:
If you guys want some HD Tie Rods... I am about to make a new order...
I'll take a set if you don't have an issue with paypal. SHORT TIE RODS: 1987-91 TROOPER - $120.00 SHIPPED in the USA.
Thanks
Don

#10 ·
No issues with PayPal... Sending you a PM Right now...

#14 ·
Alright! :D I guess I should have order more...

#16 ·
I am... I am waiting for them to arrive... As long as there is interest I will continue to get more...

#18 ·
Yeah Chris, you still have adjustment with the short ones...

#19 ·
I'm brand new to the boards but saw this thread. I've got a 95 Rodeo but plan to lift it so I can make it more of a proper offroad rig. Do I need the short or medium length?

#20 ·
SHORT TIE RODS: 1987-91 TROOPER / 1990-95 AMIGO / 1990-95 RODEO - 1988-95 PICKUP/SPACECAB - $120.00 SHIPPED in the USA.

BlueMilk said:
I'm brand new to the boards but saw this thread. I've got a 95 Rodeo but plan to lift it so I can make it more of a proper offroad rig. Do I need the short or medium length?

#22 ·
I got 8 more complete sets....

#25 ·
#26 ·
I want a set! PM'd you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.