Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1993 Trooper M/T

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  pontiac guy 
#1 ·
Well, winter is over, and I am ready to part with Troop. Details as follows:
1993 3.2 SOHC 5 Spd 195K miles
Black cloth interior. Black exterior. 2 dime sized hail dents on hood. Clear coat is a little cooked as black TX cars do. Interior is completely free of tears and doesn't show excessive wear. I am the second owner. My friends father in law was the first. He is really particular about his vehicles, this truck is absolutely unmodified and all original except for the radio. Its a time capsule for sure. Still has factory cd player. Complete mystery if it works. I know it isn't hooked up anymore. Full power. Heated power mirrors. Factory alloy wheels. I was told the AC doesn't work. Haven't checked. Its winter. Heater core needs to be replaced. drivers window switch needs to be replaced, the right rear switch is broken off. Window works from the door switch though. Center console door latch is bad and the damn thing is always open. Has some valve train noise when you start it after sitting, goes away once the oil comes up to temp. transfer case and auto locking hubs work like they should. Its never been off road but I tested them in my back yard cuz Im fussy about my stuff too, and after the *** beating the truck gave me to get it on the road, it damn sure was going to all work like the factory intended.

In the last 3000 miles I have replaced:
clutch: disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing slave cylinder, master cylinder
trans: input shaft, counter shaft, input shaft roller bearing 3-4 brass synchro ring, output shaft seal
engine: valve cover gaskets, plug wires, all the moulded heater hoses, rear main seal
comes with a set of plugs and any spare oil filters I have when you buy it (I buy them in bulk cuz its easier)

I daily drive it. its rolling on some older Goodyear's that are showing their age, but still have about 50% tread left. 1 rear tire needs a rebalance. I am missing the cigarette lighter somehow. I have the factory key for the factory wheel locks. Basically its exactly what you would expect to buy from the old guy down the street with the perfect grass who washes his car every Sunday and keeps it in the garage everyday of its life. Comes with the factory service manuals. Those things are life savers, trust me. You want them.

$2900/OBO
Call me at 469-525-1051 and Ill send you pics, answer any questions you have

On a related note, I am not in a hurry to sell so I will work through all the things I think are issues with the truck. I reserve the right to adjust my pricing accordingly. If you want me to ship it, Ill help as I can as long as it isn't a big PITA. I might even consider partial trades if you have something cool.

See less See more
#2 ·
*bump*
Still have it. Still want to sell it. In fact I will go so far as to say I don't want it anymore.
I fixed. I drove. I'm bored.

#3 ·
Posting to Craigslist. I have a heater core now that goes with it. Price dropped to $2500

#4 ·
Bump again, also update. Price is $2500. I now have a power window switch and all the little trim pieces I wanted for the truck. It still needs the AC handled and the heater core installed. Im really surprised this hasn't sold yet, It is such a nice truck. I want it gone. I have moved on to new projects. Getting ready to either Ebay this thing off or leave it at my hunting cabin in Michigan to rust away.

If you want a rust free good running Trooper, don't wait to much longer.

#6 ·
The Bear Jew said:
I wish it wasn't all the way in Texas, or that I wasn't in SC :(
Find someone you trust to come check it out. Ill gladly help ship it by dropping it off at a depot. I have used DAS in the past and been happy. The have a location not too far from me.

#7 ·
I have replaced the drivers window switch with a good used one. I pulled the factory CD player out (saved it) and replaced it with the storage pocket, so now I have a place for my cell phone and the CD player isn't sitting there bothering me being non functional. all the little trim pieces are installed that were modified. Havent replaced the console latch yet, its all sticky and full of soda. Needs to be cleaned before I put it in. Probably do that this weekend if I can get the time.

#9 ·
I have had no luck posting pics. Ill gladly text them to anyone interested, that's why I put my phone number in the post.

Im from the Detroit area, I know all about rusty Michigan cars that why I don't live there anymore. I may post it to CL up there, but to be honest out of state buyers are a real PITA. For a forum like this, where people are dedicated and serious Im happy to oblige; but the general public, not so much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.