Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Fall 2017 Hallowharrie Run Nov. 2-5

20K views 89 replies 25 participants last post by  loopedr1 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Fall Hallowharrie run will take place Nov. 2-5.

In :D
Hack: Site #25 Nov 1-5
Timberwolf: Site #15 Nov 1-5
JERRY LEMOND: Site #32 NOV 1-5
slainer: Site #26
btw1549: Site #35 Nov 2-5
Van: Site #30 Nov 1-5
Marty and Heather: Site #28 Nov 2-5
squatch: Site #21 Nov 1-5
pgerblonski: Site #37 Nov 2-5
jrodizzle07: Site #23 Nov 3-5
superswire: Site #24 Nov 3-5
pretzel: Site #19 Nov 3-5
lorenzo816: Squatting
JoeD: Site #27
wmorrisiii: Cabin
88toy4x4: Nov 2-4

Out :(
Ruination
MarcusInMD

Maybe :?
Ditchdoc
paulevans76
DRaider90
Bansil
egagnon086
Shaggy for maybe 1 night

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
Reactions: shaggydoink
#4 ·
Bansil said:
Hack,
Thanks for taking lead :eek:ccasion5:
Someone has to do it and I guess it falls on the retired guy. 8)

#6 ·
Ditchdoc said:
Pete, you know what happens if you take too long to decide. :wink:

#7 ·
My club has a ride at URE the weekend before...I'm going to need to stack up some brownie points to make both :mrgreen: Hopefully I can make it for at least Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun. All of this or course depending on whether I can get this freakin' motor right.

#8 ·
paulevans76 said:
Hopefully I can make it for at least Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun. All of this or course depending on whether I can get this freakin' motor right.
Sounds like a Maybe to me.

#10 ·
Ditchdoc said:
I'm getting married October 20th, not sure I can take another week off for Uwharrie.. we'll see
I hope congrats are in order and it isn't a "shotgun wedding". :eek:ccasion5:

#13 ·
Hack said:
The poll is closed and this year the Fall Hallowharrie run will take place Nov. 2-5.

In :D
Hack: Site #25 Nov 1-5
Shaggy: Site #36 Nov 2-5
Timberwolf: Site #15 Nov 1-5
JERRY LEMOND SITE 32 NOV 1-5

Out :(

Maybe :?
Ditchdoc
paulevans76

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

#16 ·
Nov 2-5 at site 35

#21 ·
Still in the Maybe sector. Really want to get the frame fixed on the Raider so I can wheel it up there.

#23 ·
Ruination said:
DRaider90 said:
Still in the Maybe sector. Really want to get the frame fixed on the Raider so I can wheel it up there.
What happened to the frame?
The frame on the passengers side at the rear axle is rotting from the inside, it needs to be cut out and a new section welded in.

#24 ·
Reactions: paulevans76
#25 ·
*FINALLY* get to attend one of these gatherings!

Site 37 is now taken :) Fri - Sun 2 - 5

#26 ·
I should know after next weekend if we are go or not. I am towing the camper. The old girl was having major vibration and noise issues especially towing. Seems the front hubs were not tight enough. The noise is greatly reduced but not sure how it will react with a camper attached. If this didn't correct the problem then I may be looking for a whole new rear end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.