Isuzu SUV Forum banner

89 TROOPER COLLIDING WITH 79 LANDCRUISER

27K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  wPine 
#1 ·
BEEN WORKING AN THIS RIG FOR AWHILE NOW, I ORIGINALLY PUT A TOYOTA SOLID AXLE AND A 22RE WITH W56 TRANS AND TCASE. WAS AWESOME, AND I HAD LOADS OF FUN WITH IT..... BUT IT WAS LACKING IN SOME AREAS. PAY LOAD WAS NILL, THE STOCK TROOPER FRAME DIDNT ALLOW FOR MUCH UP TRAVLE IN THE FRONT SUSPENSION WITH OUT LIFTING IT A BUNCH MORE, AND FUEL ECONOMY AND RANGE WASNT ALL THAT GREAT.

SO I STARTED TO CHOP

THEN I GOT SOME AXLES
[/URL][/img]

DID A CUT AND TURN ON THE FRONT AXLE AND CENTERED THE REAR WITH MINI TRUCK OUTERS

BUILT A FRAME AND HUNG SUSPENSION

BUILT AN ADAPTER PLATE TO MOUNT A 5SPD TO THE DIESEL , AND NOW IM WORKING ON THE MOUNTS. HOPEFULLY I CAN GET THE BODY ON IN THE NEXT WEEK

SPECS SO FAR ARE
TOYOTA 2.9L B DIESEL WITH R151F 5SPD GEAR DRIVEN T-CASE WITH 4.7 LOW GEAR (MOCK UP MOTOR IS A 3.4L 3B THAT WILL GET A FULL OVERHALL WITH TURBO)
TOYOTA FJ40 DIFFS REAR IS CENTERED WITH MINI TRUCK OUTERS WITH FRONT HUBS TO MAKE FULL FLOATER, WITH ISUZU REAR CALIPERS..GONNA GET SOME 4.88S WITH ARB WHEN $$ ALLOWS
GOOD YEAR 33X12.5R15
91 4RUNNER IFS STEERING BOX, GOT A GM STEERING COLUMN OUT OF A 79 TRANS AM FLOOR SHIFT CAR.
PLAN ON GETTING A AMERICAN AUTO WIRE WIRING HARNESS
GM HYDRO BOOST BRAKE BOOSTER.

NO THAT THE DRIVE LINE IS 90% COMPLETE I CAN SET THE BODY ON AND SEE WHAT IM GONNA HAVE TO CHOP OUT OF THE FLOOR

See less See more
#27 ·
its been awhile since ive updated this thread. ive been away for work and havent hd much time to work on the trooper, but im back now and have got some progress.

got the steering mocked up and brake master installed, also been working on the accessories on the front motor. still need to finish the power steering pump/ tensioner and the top part of the alternator.

got my rock sliders made and mounted, i cut the old rocker completely off and mounted the slider as high as i could. today im working on getting the body mounts done.

ive also designed a bolt in dash for this thing, im gonna bend it out of 16g sheet metal.

#28 ·
Great work I look forward to seeing it done. Do you have any additional measurements or information on the dash, I'd like to do something with mine, just not quite sure what yet. Thanks Ben

#29 ·
I was wondering what was going on with your build, hadn't seen anything in a while, the sliders look great, and sturdy. I like the idea of cutting the rockers out for the extra clearance. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the dash. Really well thought out and a beast of a build!

#32 ·
hey guys.. thanx for all the props. ive got a little bit done on the trooper, its slow going until i get some vehicles out of the shop. got the body mounts tacked and the body is now bolted to the new frame!!! whooo!

made a turbo manifold

started to build rad support, it will also bolt to the fire wall and the front fenders will mount to it.

and heres whats in the shop right now.... and i thought the trooper was big!!

ive finally have all the parts to build my engine for this thing... and will be finishing the rad support/front end frame work in the next week or so.. i would like to get this thing running by the end of august.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.