Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2000 5spd Trooper "Brawn"

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  riggler 
#1 ·
I picked up this 2000 5spd Trooper with only 127k miles on it for $2500 a couple of days ago. I absolutely love it. This is gonna be my new daily driver so not much of a plan for building it up, just a few minor things to come to improve it and personlize it a little. These are the pics after I washed it.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice rig. I bet it's an interesting experience to push the go pedal and have something actually happen! :D

#5 ·
paulevans76 said:
Nice rig. I bet it's an interesting experience to push the go pedal and have something actually happen! :D
Oh yeah. I had heard that the 3.5 with a 5spd was a beast, but it was shocking just how much of one it is.

The next step is to put a set of manual locking hubs on it so I can get rid of the drive flanges and reduce the wear and tear on my cv joints.

#6 ·
Looks like you did well for yourself! Should be lots of good miles left in it!

Reactions: superman27344
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
The air filter I ordered came in last night so I put it in. Its one of those "K&N-Like" filters that can be cleaned and recharged using the same kit that a real K&N filter does but its about $30 cheaper than the K&N. In case anyone wants to get one as well, the part number is Spectre HPR7417. Here is the link to it on their site as well http://www.spectreperformance.com/searc ... od=HPR7417.

SPE-HPR7417.jpg

Attachments

#10 ·
Okay Lou, congrats on a nice looking, dependable Trooper. No Aerostar console, hood louvres, Toyota boot, Land Rover bumper, or Barbie sticker though. Let me know when you get tired of all this comfort and reliability so we can get you back in an exciting, adventure packed, uncomfortable first gen... :lol:

I'll save this 8) and keep making excuses for you until you come to your senses...

#13 ·
Congrats on finding a 5-speed! They are just about as rare as hen's teeth!

How's the oil consumption? These 3.5's have a horrible reputation for that, but maybe you found a good one.

Use of a quality synthetic oil such as Mobil 1 5W-30 Hi Miles will help keep the engine's innards clean.

I bet it pulls even harder without the entire front drivetrain dragging it down!

What'd these have, about 215hp or so? Should be pretty snappy.

It might even beat my 3.4 LS in a race! :twisted:

Cheers.........ed

#14 ·
Since its a daily, not really a whole lot of upgrades going into it but I finally got tired of the old radio that was in it that had a faulty volume button. Last night once the sun when down I installed my Amazon Prime special Pioneer head unit. I feel super high cotton now, it has a remote, lol.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had to replace the fuel pump today, I am happy with how it turned out. The strips I used as studs are scrap pieces of extruded aluminum I had laying around in my stash of scrap metal.

Fuel Pump Replacement 9-9-2018 (2).jpg

Fuel Pump Replacement 9-9-2018 (3).jpg

Fuel Pump Replacement 9-9-2018 (4).jpg

Fuel Pump Replacement 9-9-2018 (5).jpg

Fuel Pump Replacement 9-9-2018 (1).jpg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.