Isuzu SUV Forum banner

89 Trooper The Armadillo

26K views 79 replies 20 participants last post by  superman27344 
#1 ·
I should have done this a long time ago, but I never really could find the time. I am gonna try to update this when I can, but here are some of the things I have done over the past year, most have actually been in the past 6 months. The pics are kinda out of order, sorry for that.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are some more. To go along with the pic of the hood louvers, there is a video to show some more detail about them.

[BBvideo 560,340:2qcqbnz6]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jKNtHQZmQ[/BBvideo]

Attachments

#3 ·
And some more. These are more recent.

Attachments

#6 ·
Bizmarkie said:
About time~
Just kidding.
The "Dillo" looks good.
Thank you, and also thank you for my new modified key that came today.

Attachments

#7 ·
superman27344 said:
Bizmarkie said:
About time~
Just kidding.
The "Dillo" looks good.
Thank you, and also thank you for my new modified key that came today.
Truck looks good!!

I'm interested in the key/plier Gerber thingy. Did a member here do it?

#10 ·
This is something I forgot to take a picture of. My stock shifter boot had rotten away from age and heat and i couldnt find a good one on any Troopers in the salvage yards but a late 70s or early 80s model Toyota pickup had one that worked really well in my opinion.

Attachments

#15 ·
That boot looks like it works great. have you considered painting the flange gloss black to match the boot or try to color match the carpet a bit so it isn't as noticeable?

#18 ·
I finally took some pics of the hitch I made when I first got the Armadillo, only took me 4 years to get around to it. Unfortunately, the pics are not that great since the bumper is in the way, but hopefully you can get the general idea from them and see what I did. The part that can not be seen is the 4 bolts that go into the main mounting point, the gussets are in the way.

*Added picture on 11-11-2014. In going through some old pictures from back when I did the hitch in 2010, I managed to find one that my wife took, if you make it bigger you can get a good look at the hitch and how its mounted.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.