Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Help? "Aromatic" K1500 Problem.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SurferJoe 
#1 ·
[align=justify]Picked up a 96 C1500 GMC Yukon, red, 5.7 Vortec, 700R, great paint, super straight bod and 16" Jackman (?) rims including the spare.

$300.00 Yup.

The trouble: blown engine - so said the owner - partially torn down until they couldn't figure out how to remove the thermofan -and they parked it in a field for 9 years --- and get this part: with all the windows open--- in Montana --- with snow, rain, woodland creatures and pine cones blowing through it.

The ACTUAL ENGINE PROBLEM was the non-Felpro (cheap) intake gaskets had slipped and the inner cylinders were sucking air.

To date: got a new Crate 5.7 V (Jegs), new update MPFI to MSI Conversion Spider, all the other necessary stuff -

BTW, the fan clutch and transmission was new/rebuilt at the time they parked it.

The fuel pump was DOA and was replaced w/new filter.

The BIGGEST problem: all the little woodland animals thought it was their personal condominium and prolly sent a few generations of woodland babies to college from that residence. Unfortunately, woodland beasties like to mark their address and apartment number by urinating on, in, all over, through and around their cubby holes.

1. The carpet - gone, wasted, urine soaked and now double gone (burned, actually) with a new one in the box..... waiting.
    The seats - stripped to metal, re upholstery in OE fabric, new foam... waiting.
    Sun visors - new, waiting.
    Dashboard - cleaned up nicely.
    Heater core - new
    Tires - new 265/75R16, x5
    Headlights, frosted, yellow & opaque - replaced w/real glass and LED Hi beams.
    AC - R134a recharged, works great.
    Door hinge pins/bushings - new
    Speakers, chewed, urine glued - replaced
    Stereo - WAS Cassette/AM/FM - replaced with USB/SD/FM/Bluefang unit. Nice colored LEDs in removable faceplate. Kewl. SOUNDS GREAT. Kewl - x2!
    Paint - buffed out very nicely. Another Kewl!
    Electric windows - the previous owner (idiot) didn't know about the window lock on driver's control panel, and either gave up or didn't care about closing them.
    Wiring - generally okay, so obviously not considered as a staple of Montana wildlife.
    Headliner - HERE'S THE PROBLEM.

Anyone got a source for a good, used, new, stolen, stored-in-crazy-aunts-attic headliner????

I've been searchin' for a couple of months for one.

We drove it sitting on milk crates and it's sweet; the 4WD auto thing works 100%, brakes need pads and shoes, transmission had rebuilder's receipt under seat and says it was done, like, 9 years and 4 months before I bought it. Guess the warranty has expired though. Lol.[/align]

See less See more
#2 ·
My goodness, you could put 5000 dollars in it and still be in the black. Great find, but gotta see to believe, have any pics yet. There's lots of Chev after market parts places, one would think one of those would have what you need.

#3 ·
I'll get some up soon. I've been mucho interested in getting it running then some nice 'AFTER' pixs.

This 'puter is running XP-Pro and I can't get the pixs to upload - but I can on my Android Tablet - which I'll do later - maybe tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.