Isuzu SUV Forum banner

A nice pic

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  superman27344 
#1 ·
Was out in Wyoming couple of weeks ago, got a picture of the Trooper that I like, thought I'd share:

See less See more
Reactions: gruff54
#3 ·
Looking good! I think that Trooper just wants to live out west. Sure enjoyed looking at it at Moab this year.

#4 ·
EastCoastTrooper said:
Pretty cool. Also...jealous of the terrain some of you guys have to play on.
Well, we had to drive from Minnesota to get there, but we are closer than you for sure.

So the question is...was that rain heading toward you or away from you?
Mountain weather is weird. You can't see it in the picture but off to the right it was raining all day, but the rain was evaporating when it reached the basin you see in the pic. In this picture of our campsite on the mountaintop you can see the rain in the distance. Later in the evening the rain did reach us.

And the next day, we got hailed on by a thunderstorm. Here it is moving in (we are at about 9000 feet, lots of lightning, pretty exciting)

Then the hail started, not large fortunately, but it built up quickly on my hood

#5 ·
hessmess said:
Looking good! I think that Trooper just wants to live out west. Sure enjoyed looking at it at Moab this year.
I had so much fun in the Trooper this trip I decided not to sell it, for a while anyway. I don't want to beat up the FJC yet as it is still in pristine condition, and the Trooper just works very well. It is worth more to me than the $$ I could get for it.

#6 ·
I see Dave's Trooper was there also. I was wondering.

#7 ·
Yep, Dave joined our Midwest Overland Society group for the trip, and provided a lot of valuable local knowledge as he lives in northern Wyoming.

#10 ·
Great pictures, it would be interesting to drive through those mountains.

#12 ·
Glad you decided to keep it for the time being.

I know this statement all too well...

BigSwede said:
It is worth more to me than the $$ I could get for it.

#14 ·
Thanks guys. A few more pics from the trip:

See that squiggly line going up the opposite canyon wall in the lower right of the pic? That is the Morrison trail. We did it the day after this pic was taken. 23 very tight switchbacks. I had to 3 point all of them but one or two.

Heading up one of the switchbacks

The view from the window

#15 ·
Crazy Woman Canyon

Devils Tower

#16 ·
Not that's beautiful country , that trail reminds me of the noon day trail I went on a few years ago .. I'd like to get out that way and see some of that country !!

#18 ·
I wish I had gotten some pics of the switchbacks, they are TIGHT. The hundy LC you see ahead of me sustained some body damage on one of them, it is just a bit longer than the Trooper or JK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.