Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Does your Isuzu have over 100,000 miles?

66K views 439 replies 324 participants last post by  gwana66 
#1 ·
How many have a Isuzu with over 100,000 miles? I paid $5,000 for my 97 Rodeo with 101,000 miles on it. It starts with one turn of the key, and runs like a new car.

#3 ·
I bought mine from my brother two yrs ago with approx 97k on it. It was clean as a whistle when I drove it from CA to GA. It now has approx 110k on it... and mud installed at no extra charge.

#4 ·
I think pretty much all of them do...now 200k would be something else.

#6 ·
I traded a bottle of vodka for my '91 Trooper with 296k miles. I have since brought her back to life and had the pleasure of passing 300k and now I'm up to 311k miles after 2 years. All she needed was a new head, new hoses, vacuum lines, and various bearings and seals.

#10 ·
My 93 Rodeo has almost 200,000, well 195,000 and it runs strong. I have the standard valve ticking that I'm working on but nothing 2 12" subs and some death metal won't solve :lol: . I think it's not uncommon for Isuzu's to go well over 200,000 if they are taken care of.

#11 ·
I just bought my 94 with 247,000 miles for $1200. It's perfect inside, and okay outside. The tranny and clutch are fine and so far, only 200 miles since I bought it, the engine is really strong.
the only things are a small exhaust leak, and oil cooler leak, and the driver side door window crank is busted. It'll do 90 on the hwy no problems and I can get it u p to red line with no strange sounds or smoke at all....

#12 ·
297,000 miles on the chassis of mine. I bought it from its original owner in November of '06. It is currently on its third engine. The first one lasted 150,000. The second lasted about 140,000. The freshly rebuilt motor from S&S has about 6,000 on it.

That motor has a leak in the main seal, which I may contact S&S about.

The original owner's husband did all the mods I was going to do. Header and exhaust. It could use new tires and a better stereo.

Other than that it looks and drives like it has about 60,000 miles on it. I absolutely love this truck.

Oh yeah.... The best part? $2,500 and no car payment!

#13 ·
merael said:
I traded a bottle of vodka for my '91 Trooper with 296k miles. I have since brought her back to life and had the pleasure of passing 300k and now I'm up to 311k miles after 2 years. All she needed was a new head, new hoses, vacuum lines, and various bearings and seals.
Wow, that was a deal! A bottle of Vodka . . .How did the negotiations go? Were any "spirits" consumed before the deal was finalized?

#14 ·
278k on my 87. cost me 40 bucks for a tow to my house, the price has gone up from there, around a grand in repairs. its not pretty, but it runs (most of the time) and insurance is only $30 a month :lol:

#15 ·
Mine has 235,000 miles on it and it runs strong. Alls i need to fix is a loud pully and a squicky belt. and there she goes good as new. Well after the paint get on it then shes be perfect. The only probs i have ahd was the started went the day i bought it but the old owner fixed that one for me, and i just repalced the Master clynder for the clutch and had the slave replced. Both were stock parts. And the tranny has about 50k on it.

#16 ·
Bought my 94 Rodeo around Christmas. It had 160,000 miles and no valve train tick. I have since drove it 2000 miles use 5W-30 and it uses no oil. The interior is like new. The body shows 13 winters in Western NY. Not bad but not like new either. I am very impressed with this vehicle compared to others I have owned. I love driving it 5 speed with 4 wheel drive. Been replacing parts but only paid $800. It already had new tires pads and rotors exhaust from cat back and master cylinder. My friend who knows said the tires were worth the $800. So long story longer has now over 162,000 and running strong...

#18 ·
i just bought a 01 rodeo Ls 2 months ago.Its got 104,000km and i paid 9000$can.runs great exept the oil burning issue :(

#19 ·
These things sure like to be driven.

I bought my '94 Amigo 5 months ago with 119,519 miles.... she now has 128,180 miles on it.

No 4wd :( It'll be around for some time to come... but I am really itching for another luxury Coupe.... and a 2nd vehicle.

#22 ·
I sold my 88 Trooper with 208,000 on the clock.

My current Zoo has 101,000 it's a 98 Passport.

I know Onebadtrooper had like 275,000 on his 89 Trooper.

There's another guy on the wire that has over 400,000 on his. If I'm not mistaken he was nearing 500,000.

Joe

#23 ·

I think it has about 196,000 on it now. original engine. Tranny was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago(didn't need it just yet, but was starting to wine, an excuse to put terra-lows in the T-case) Both diffs need rebuilding before I drive it anymore. Sits in the yard, I start it up once and awhile and play in the snow in the yard to keep it loose.

payed $2500 for it almost 3 years ago, had 144,000 miles on it then.

#25 ·
Bought mine for $2,800 two years ago with 128k on it. I now have 155k and love this truck to death. I wheel it pretty hard so i've replaced a few things: upper/lower ball joints, brakes, clutch kit, starter, water pump, timing belt, alternator, valve cover gasket, and even 3" Calmini suspension liftand some Goodyyear MT/R's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.